Easy ways to spring clean your lifeJun 12, 2017
Most of us engage in some sort of a spring clean at one time or another. We clean out the drawers, sort through the closets, or reorganize the pantry at least once a year. We spring clean because it helps us get rid of what is no longer serving us, aids us in understanding where things are, helps us determine what we actually have, cleans out the cobwebs and generally makes us feel good. It is very satisfying to most people to have a clean and organized home or office.
Have you ever thought about what it would be like to spring clean your life?
What would it feel like if your life were fulfilling, you felt clean and organized in your personal life, you knew what you had and what you wanted, and you had only things that serve you in your life. How cool would that be?!?
Here are some very simple ways to do exactly that…spring clean your life!
Easy ways to spring clean your life
- Rest. I be that’s not what you thought would be first, but it’s true. If you are tired or tapped out, the first thing you need to to is replenish yourself. Rest when you get tired. Take a break when you feel overwhelmed or uninspired. Or how about this… if you feel sleepy, take a nap. I’ve worked in teaching jobs so stressful I set a timer at lunch for 5-7 minutes to close my eyes and put my head down on my desk. It can be very refreshing.
- For every decision you make… as yourself this: Will doing this benefit my family or bring me joy? True… sometimes we have to do things that won’t bring us joy. There may be things we have to do for our jobs or things around the house we don’t love that we need to do. But for everything else – social engagements with friends, work parties, community events – ask yourself, “Will this bring me joy?”. If the answer is no, don’t do it. No apology. If the answer is yes, then throw your heart over the bar and go for it! The unexpected benefit is that when you attend something, it will because you really WANT to be there. People can feel it! It actually means more to people knowing you have a genuine desire to be there.
- Spend time with only people who energize you. If you spend time with someone and come away feeling irritable or tired, that is not someone who is in your tribe. That person is taxing you in some way and the relationship is not of the highest good. YOUR tribe, the people who feed your soul, will make you feel energized, inspired, alive and loved when you spend time with them. If you don’t have those people in your life yet, just intend for it to be for now. Write down the qualities of the people you want to spend time with and I promise you, you will attract the right people into your life.
- Nourish your body. You wouldn’t try to fill up an automobile with vegetable oil just because it’s cheaper than gasoline. Don’t try to feed your body crap and then think it can function properly. Eat whole foods, organic whenever possible. Focus on fruits, vegetables, lean meats (organic and humanely raised only if possible) and whole grains.
- Feed your soul. Read or watch something inspirational every day. Journal often. Spend time in meditation or prayer daily. If you need a little help in this area, please check out Soul Food – the monthly subscription I offer. June’s issue of soul food is FREE for subscribers so check it out!
Can you think of other ways you spring clean your life? Please comment with other ideas!!
All my love to you. Here’s to spring cleaned living!