99. Are You Overriding Your Nervous System? Discover the Signs and Solutions
Join the Boundary Brilliance Masterclass: https://www.brendawinkle.com/boundary-brilliance Brenda Winkle, the host of the podcast "Your Yes Field Life," discusses the topic of overriding the nervous system. She shares her personal experience of attending a conference in Boise, Idaho, where she spoke on diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as taught breathwork for educators. Brenda explains that overriding the nervous system can have negative effects on vitality, creativity, joy, and overall well-being. She provides cues to recognize if one is overriding their nervous system and emphasizes the importance of setting boundaries and taking care of our physical and mental well-being.
Here are the takeaways...
- Overriding your nervous system has negative effects of on vitality, creativity, joy, and well-being
- Cues to recognize if one is overwriting their nervous system include exhaustion, numbing, lots of obligations and a busy schedule, having a short fuse and being quick to anger, exhaustion sleep won't help, you find yourself thinking, "I've just got to make it through this ____"
- Energy has no walls and affects our creations and interactions
Coping mechanisms and the need to cope with something
- Boundaries are a solution to taking better care of physical and mental well-being
Connect with Brenda...
New free 4 part video series, "Breathwork to strengthen and trust your intuition" https://www.brendawinkle.com/breathe
1:1 Healing Sessions - Heal to the Yes - https://www.brendawinkle.com/healing
Yes Academy - https://www.brendawinkle.com/yes-academy-course
Heal Yes Retreat - https://www.brendawinkle.com/retreat
Chat with Brenda
Feel Better Fast Guide
Meditation to feel better
Connect with Brenda
Email: [email protected]
Keywords: Brenda Winkle, podcast, Your Yes Filled Life, overriding the nervous system, diversity, equity, inclusion, breathwork, educators, caregiving fields, vitality, creativity, joy, well-being, physical health, stress levels, adrenaline, cortisol, blood pressure, anger, overwhelm, inflammation, coping mechanisms, high expectations, time-bound obligations, numbing behaviors, short fuse, just getting through, seasons of life, abdominal pain, urgent care, health issues, elevated liver enzymes, pancreatitis, emergency surgery, people-pleasing, neglecting own needs, COVID-19 pandemic, rest, set boundaries, heal, fulfilled life, energy, creations, interactions, physical capacity, judgment, shame, rest, self-care, attending conferences, honoring body's capacity, showing up fully, setting boundaries, mental health, replay, limited time, access, gratitude, listenership, topics, direct message, Instagram, email, rating, review, support, share episode