33. Dear Mama Bear with the F***** Up Hair with Jo Dodd
Dear Mama Bear with the F***** up hair
This episode features children's book author and my friend, Jo Dodd. Jo has just written a picture book for moms with the BEST title... "Dear Mama Bear with the F***** Up Hair".
Is available on September 20 and is available for pre-order prior to September 20, 2022. Order your copy here
This episode is about motherhood, friendship, community, mental health, and so much more.
Here are the takeaways
- Authenticity means showing up as you are and giving yourself space to have your journey
- Feeling all of your feelings can be scary, but leads to greater clarity
- People pleasing is the opposite of authenticity and leads to feeling alone and isolated
- You don't have to hide and pretend things are ok when they aren't
- Motherhood is funny, hard, rewarding, dark, light, and full of love
- When you speak up about your experiences, not only do you feel less alone, but other people feel less alone, too
- A rising tide lifts all boats
- When you are willing to show up with authenticity, people are drawn to you
- YOu can be scared AND keep moving forward
- Keep friends around you that can hold the vision for you to celebrate AND hold your safety net
- We need more feminine energy - love, creativity, expansion, receptivity, protectors of family and home... and protectors of each other
About Jo Dodd
Jo Dodd is an author and coach. In 2020, after a 6-month furlough, she took a bold leap, stepping away from a 25-year career in Corporate America, to launch Jotopia Productions, LLC, where she writes content that focuses on the power of positive thinking, embracing diversity, and crushing fear!
Jo had published three children's books in the past two years, and is currently launching a one-of-a-kind picture book for moms called 'Dear Mama Bear with the F*cked Up Hair.' This book tells an authentic, poignant, dark, sometimes humorous story of motherhood which is based on Jo's journey of battling a decades-long depression. Jo is passionate about shining a light on any 'Mama Bears' struggling with the ever-increasing pressures of motherhood and hopes that this book will touch their hearts and let them know that they are not alone.
More from Brenda
Email Brenda at [email protected]
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/brendawinkle/