22. How to give yourself permission to change
Christine Fransisco was living a contented life taking care of the kids and working as a physical therapist when she was laid off from her 13-year career during COVID.
Christine is a mom of 4. She calls herself a "backyard writer" because she hasn't published her book yet, but she has more than 25 chapters written.
- Give yourself permission to pivot.
- Understand the season you are in - be aware of where you are in the moment
- Know that season is going to change
- Everyone has a story to share
- Identity is often what we attach to what we do for a living. "I am" is a full sentence.
- When our lives are shifting, things often get messy. But keep on moving.
- Trying to control outcomes strangles what we want to call into our lives, letting go of HOW things should be unleashes the magic. Then life can amaze and delight you.
- Providing safe space for people draws the right people to you
- Focusing on the things that bring you joy increases your capacity
- Be willing to be flexible
- Trust the Process
- Follow your intuition and your curiosity
- Celebrate your now
Meditation to Feel Better
As a wife and a mother of four with a full-time day job, I was making things happen and work my magic from 9-5. I had everything down pat until I lost my employment of 13 years during the pandemic.
The office door swung close behind me as I walked away downhearted. "What just happened?" was my thought so far. I was uncertain of the next best step and fearful of what was ahead. I don't have a clue of what the next day or the next year may bring. Sitting in the parking lot, I realized that my future was not set in stone. My significance as person is not always measured up with the 2-letter initials after my last name. I drove away leaving behind my name tag as a physical therapist. Since then, I found my writer's hat and started stringing words of inspiration.
I know how hard it is to face uncertainty. I understand how it feels to be stuck. But what I do with what I have keeps me going as I clear the path for others to do the same.
Discover what inspires you to be the person you truly are. Let me guide you as you find yours.
You can connect with Christine on Instagram
A mom of four and a lifelong learner. Physical Therapist by day and a backyard writer by night.